Reporting to: Group Accountant
Job Purpose: Accounting and supervision of all accounting processes.
Location: Woodstock, Cape Town
Key Performance Areas:
Under the management / direction of the Group Accountant, the Senior Accountant will have the following responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Ensuring that all Revenue accruals in the current month are invoiced within the next month
- Accrual schedule is updated with the comparative actual numbers for comparative purposes
- Revenue processing
- GL checks to ensure that the revenue processed timeously within the month
- Agree the AR control account to Trade receivables TB balance
- Ensuring no error batches
- Collections from debtors is vital. Timeous responses requests from clients
2. Payover process:
- Timeous processing of the payovers
- Understanding client timeframes and deadlines
- Follow up on the invoicing relating to the invoicing
- Clear communication between the customer and Nimble
- Comfortable and willing to be proactive on the various portals used by clients to submit collections and invoices
- PO's tie up to the invoice references.
- The invoices have been approved and authorised.
- Follow up on recurring invoices if outstanding.
Monthly creditor recons are checks:
- Checks to ensure all AP reconciled to the supplier statement
- All creditor recons checks must completed by the 25th off the month
- Completeness check must be done to ensure that all creditors have been prepared and authorised for payment.
- All payments are allocated within the current month
- All queries, credit notes outstanding invoices are followed up timeously
- Checks that all the cashbook recons agree to bank statement and TB
- All clearing accounts for GL banks clear to nil
- Unposted batches as per Accpac are checked and resolved
5. Fixed Assets
- Additions are processed timeously on a monthly basis.
- Depreciation processed monthly.
- FAR schedules updated monthly.
6. Expense Accruals
- Processing of expense accruals
- Telco accrual schedule updated
- Ensuring that invoices received within the next month and processing of invoices are done timeously.
7. Payroll reconciliations
- Reconciliations of all the GL expense to payroll.
- Variances are identified. These variances are corrected or explained
- Reconciliations of all the payroll control accounts.
8. VAT & TAX
- Preparations of VAT reconciliations.
- VAT submission on E-filling.
- Provisional tax submission
- Tax clearance applications and monitoring
- Bcom or 3 years technical degree accounting
- At least 3 years’ experience to trail balance
- Advance competency in MS Excel
- Accpac experience is advantage
- Keen attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Proactive, responsive and deadline driven
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Basic Excel knowledge
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative
- A logical mind with problem solving abilities
- Ability to interact with third parties with good written and verbal communication
- Professional mannerism
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to learn
- A basic salary
- Benefits at the full cost to the Employer;
- Funeral Cover (at the full cost of the employer)
- Life Cover (at the full cost of the Employer)
- Disability Cover (at the full cost of the Employer)
- Medical Cover (at the full cost of the employer , after successful completion of the probation period)
- Subsidized schooling at Nimble Peak Child Educare (Ages: 3 months – 5 years)
Mondays – Fridays: 08:00am – 17:00pm
You may be required to overtime as and when required primarily on month end. This may include week nights, weekends and public holidays.
If no response received within two weeks of the date this position was advertised, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This appointment will be made in line with the Nimble Group Employment Equity