Reporting to: Operations Executive
Job Purpose: To lead, motivate and develop the Team Managers and Agents, taking responsibility for their development and maximising the productivity, compliance to legal and contractual obligations (SLA’s) and effectiveness of the area with the goal to maximise the net recoveries. To manage portfolios as assigned, as well as the relationship between Operations and the respective Client Executive and the Client itself. To ensure books assigned are worked optimally and that targets as set out, are achieved.
Direct Reports: Team Managers
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Under the management /direction of the Operations Executive, the Operations Manager will have the following responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Meet or exceed Internal Collections Key performance Indicators through effective management of People, Processes, and Technology within operating budget
- Execute and take ownership of collections strategies / Book management
- Daily portfolio analysis, identification and execution of relevant campaigns to maximise collections
- Design and execute operational tactics
- Ensure that resources are adequately trained, developed and supported
- Active management of Team Managers to ensure consistence agent performance management compliance
- Responsible for maintaining key strategic relationships with the Executives, Senior Managers, and support staff
- Deploy continuous process improvement to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of existing resources
- Ensure the Collections Call Centre is delivering according to operational plans and goals, within the operating budget
- Ensure Call Centre productivity is optimized through hands-on management of the team and introduction of best practices
- Administrative processes are implemented to enable smooth running of the department
- Monitoring and performance management of daily production
- Strategic and best practice thought-leadership within the Collections Call Centre to enhance operational competencies
- Compile and produce relevant reporting and analysis in order to maximize results
- Ensure staff are led and managed optimally and Performance Management applied consistently
- Coach and mentor staff in line with the Nimble Group Values
- Client interaction from time to time pertaining to portfolio performance, etc.
- Minimum 5 years in a management position
- Management reporting experience advantageous
- Client Liaison at management level experience advantageous
- Experience in the Credit & Collections industry advantageous
- Exposure to handling of challenging operational issues in a collections environment
- Experience in managing teams in excess of 50 staff
- Experience in strategy design and execution
- Dialler experience
- Mid to high level computer literacy & efficiency
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to think creatively & innovatively within area of accountability
- Ability to solve problems and be solution orientated
- Ability to think & act systemically & strategically
- Self-monitoring, personal management & self-discipline
- Learning agility & adaptability
- Patience, endurance & tenacity
- Business acumen
- Sense of personal accountability & internal locus of control.
- Leverage Risks and Opportunities
- Drive for Results
- Cultivating Productive Relationships
- Excellent verbal, written and facilitation communication skills
- Capacity to collaborate, integrate & facilitate teamwork
- Ability to work under pressure
- Planning, scheduling and organizing skills
- A basic salary
- Commission earning potential
- Benefits at the full cost to the Employer;
- Funeral Cover (at the full cost of the employer)
- Life Cover (at the full cost of the Employer)
- Disability Cover (at the full cost of the Employer)
You will be required to work a maximum of 45 hours per week.
Monday to Friday: You will be required to work a maximum of 9 hours per day (in the week that you do not work a Saturday) and a maximum of 8 hours per day (in the week that you are working a Saturday) shifted between the times of 07:00 and 20:30 as agreed by management.
Saturdays: You will be required to work a maximum of 6 hours per day on a maximum of 2 Saturdays per month shifted between the times of 08:00 and 14:00 as agreed by management.
Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Please note for external applicants: All applicants must note that upfront checks will be conducted before they are shortlisted and that their selection is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
Kindly note that by submitting your job application you are giving us consent to conduct these checks.
This appointment will be made in line with the Nimble Group Employment Equity plan.