Reporting to: Legal Team Manager
Job Purpose: The successful candidate/s will be required to provide legal support and advice to members of the internal Specialised Collections unit. They will be required to plan, execute and manage legal actions in co-ordination to improve on collections success.
Location: Sandton, Johannesburg
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Under the management / direction of the Legal Team Manager, the appointed Paralegal will have the following responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provide internal legal support services and advice to members of Specialized Collection Unit.
- Assist Case Agents with direct debt collections negotiations and escalation of cases for review by High Priority Case Panel.
- Engage and manage external legal support to execute legal actions where required.
- Execution of legal actions in line with agreed collections strategy inclusive but not limited to:
- o Drafting of legal letters / agreements
- o Executing legal process actions i.e. Sections 129 & 345, summons, judgements and Warrants of Execution
- o Preparation of clear comprehensive briefs with required support documents to engage external legal support.
- o Plan, execute and manage legal actions in co-ordination to improve collections success.
- Initiation to finalisation of foreclosure process
- Ad-hoc duties
- Matric plus >1 year legal qualification (diploma or degree preferred)
- 2 – 5 years debt collections, credit/banking or commercial legal experience
- Knowledge and experience in civil litigation (collections)
- Knowledge and experience in Corporate law is essential
- Experience in foreclosures will be an added advantage
- Legal compliance and risk management
- Case management, preparation of case recommendations and legal briefs
- Computer Literate (MS Office) an intermediate level (Knowledge on Excel is compulsory)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build strong working relationships (internal/external) and effectively communicate with colleagues and customers / clients at all levels
- A pro-active team player – works well in a team and contributes to the team success
- Initiative and able to work with little direction and take ownership of responsibilities
- Problem solving skills
- Persuasive / influencing skills
- High degree of accuracy
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- A basic salary
- Commission earning potential
- Benefits at the full cost to the Employer;
- Funeral Cover (at the full cost of the employer)
- Life Cover (at the full cost of the Employer)
- Disability Cover (at the full cost of the Employer)
- Medical Cover (at the full cost of the employer , after successful completion of the probation period)
You will be required to work a maximum of 45 hours per week.
Monday to Friday: You will be required to work a maximum of 9 hours per day (in the week that you do not work a Saturday) and a maximum of 8 hours per day (in the week that you are working a Saturday) shifted between the times of 07:00 and 20:30 as agreed by management.
Saturdays: You will be required to work a maximum of 6 hours per day on a maximum of 2 Saturdays per month shifted between the times of 08:00 and 14:00 as agreed by management.
Please note for external applicants: All applicants must note that upfront checks will be conducted before they are shortlisted and that their selection is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
Kindly note that by submitting your job application you are giving us consent to conduct these checks.
This appointment will be made in line with the Nimble Group Employment Equity plan.