Reporting to: Business Intelligence Manager
Location: Woodstock, Cape Town
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Under the management / direction of the Business Intelligence Manager, the Senior SQL Developer and SSIS & SQL Developers will have the following responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Work with the team to identify and understand source data systems.
- Develop and test extraction, transformation and load (ETL) processes.
- Define and capture metadata and rules associated with the ETL processes.
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business requirements.
- Data analysis and reconciliation skills.
- Working closely with the development team in the creation and development of in-house applications.
- Manage and maintain databases through the design and development of T-SQL queries and solutions.
- Analyse existing SQL queries for performance improvements.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
- Certification in Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist and Microsoft Certified IT Professional:
- Minimum of 4 years direct work experience.
- Demonstrated ability with SSIS ETL tools.
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements into technical solutions according to specifications.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- A basic salary
- Benefits at the full cost to the Employer;
- Funeral Cover (at the full cost of the employer)
- Life Cover (at the full cost of the Employer)
- Disability Cover (at the full cost of the Employer)
You will be required to work a maximum of 45 hours per week.
Monday to Friday: You will be required to work from 08:00am - 17:00pm
This appointment will be made in line with the Nimble Group Employment Equity plan.