Reporting to: BI Manager
Job Purpose: The SQL Developer will be responsible for the scripts required to extract, transform, clean and move data and metadata so they can be loaded into the enterprise data warehouse and /or operational data stores.
Location: Woodstock, Cape Town
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Under the management / direction of the Senior SQL Developer, the SSIS & SQL Developers will have the following responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Work with the team to identify and understand source data systems.
- Develop and test extraction, transformation and load (ETL) processes.
- Define and capture metadata and rules associated with the ETL processes.
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business requirements.
- Opportunities to advance your career in the following areas:
- Systems Architect
- BI Analyst
- SQL Developer
- SQL DBA
- Qliksense Developer
- Data Analyst
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
- Certification in Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist and Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Business Intelligence Developer.
- Minimum of 4 years direct work experience.
- Demonstrated ability with SSIS ETL tools.
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements into technical solutions according to specifications.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
Monday – Friday: 08:00am until 17:00pm
NB: All applicants must note that upfront checks will be conducted before they are shortlisted and that their selection is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
Kindly note that by submitting your job application you are giving us consent to conduct these checks.
This appointment will be made in line with the Nimble Group Employment Equity Plan.