Reporting to: Legal Operations Manager
Job Purpose: Legal and Pre-Legal Collections on Corporate and Commercial accounts
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Under the management / direction of the Legal Operations Manager, the Paralegal- Collections will have the following responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- In depth collections experience with strong negotiation skills in order to capture payment arrangements
- Meeting collection targets monthly to ensure performance quality
- Preparation of files for collection and implementation of the collection process in terms of the collections policy.
- Deal with files from inception of a matter to finalisation including typing of own correspondence to clients and agents.
- Sending of Sheriff letters for different instructions and follow up on sheriff returns
- Reporting on a weekly and monthly basis to Finance Committee and make recommendations
- Responsible for preparing the Collections Committee agenda, minute and attending to items for follow up.
- Liaising with clients and attorneys regarding outstanding issues
- Negotiate advance payment options or arrangements
- General Administration:
- o Prepare monthly statistics.
- o Collate, prepare and track requisitions for accounts.
- o Drafting of Summons letters, Letter of demand, Sections 129 & 345, Judgements, and Warrant of Exactions etc.
- o Responsible for archiving; filing system and workflow diary for the entire function.
- o Faxing, filing, typing of correspondence.
- Any additional duties or responsibilities, which fall reasonably within the ambit of the job, or in accordance with operational requirements.
- Paralegal diploma.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ in a similar role
- Exposure to Collections and Civil litigation
- Experience in compliance environment (advantageous).
- Credit and Criminal Clear
- Must be ability to multitask between the Legal processes
- Must have a good Financial background
- Should have strong Legal background to handle legal queries
- Should be knowledgeable to handle the legal process until the final process
- Should be able to work Legal process through Technology/Collections systems
- Must be able to work with the team
- Should have good computer skills
Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be shortlisted for interviews. If you do not receive a response within two weeks of the date this position was advertised, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This appointment will be made in line with the Nimble Group Employment equity plan.