Reporting to: Team Manager
Job Purpose: To negotiate with arrears account customers to maximise debt recovery and profitability
Location: Durban Central, Durban
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensure that allocated collection target/s are achieved
- Ensure that allocated productivity target/s are achieved
- Use effective communication and negotiation to ensure successful commitments to pay (Promises to Pay)
- Follow-up daily on progress of the PTP's and the respective statuses to optimise collections
- Ensure full understanding of product/s working on
- Understands, interprets and applies laws, rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures to collections process
- Adhere to / utilize the collections call script/s
- Ensure that all debtors information held on record is up to date and accurate Ensure that the accounts are properly maintained at all time on the collections system
- Deals with people and/or debtors in a manner which shows empathy, tact, and professionalism
- A minimum of 6 months working experience within an outbound debt collections environment / outbound sales environment / outbound customer service environment - with proven evidence of past performance
- Criminal clear
- Strong communication skills
- Computer literate
- Understanding / working knowledge of a collections system is advantageous
- Target driven
- High level of integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Able to work under pressure
- Time management
- Able to work in a team
- Basic Salary PLUS Uncapped Commission
- Funeral Cover (at the full cost of the employer)
- Life Cover (at the full cost of the employer)
- Disability Cover (at the full cost of the employer)
- Medical Cover (at the full cost of the employer, after successful completion of probation period)
You will be required to work a maximum of 45 hours per week.
Monday to Friday: You will be required to work a maximum of 9 hours per day (in the week that you do not work a Saturday) and a maximum of 8 hours per day (in the week that you are working a Saturday) shifted between the times of 07:00 and 20:30 as agreed by management.
Saturdays: You will be required to work a maximum of 6 hours per day on a maximum of 2 Saturdays per month shifted between the times of 08:00 and 14:00 as agreed by management.
This appointment will be made in line with the Nimble Group Employment Equity Plan.